Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Not in fine voice

My throat hurts :-( I am supposed to be singing at my friends wedding on Saturday..... not good.

I am not really looking forward to the wedding - it's not that I don't want to be there for my friend, it's just that I am going alone and I don't think I will know anyone else there. The rest of her close friends who are my friends too live overseas so are not coming. The invite was for me and C - obviously not taking C with me. She said I could bring another guest, but who would I bring?

The only upside to the weekend is that I will go home and see my mum too - she asked me if I wanted booking in to the Saturday morning yoga class, alas, I fear I won't have time for it. I will also hook up with some Cambridge friends on the way back to London - that will be fun!

Did a nice yoga class last night - 3 of us and N teaching - no stragglers! We did quite a lot of chanting, I don't think that helped my voice much.

Still eating chocolate - but have given it to CK to hide from me. Don't even feel hungry (just ate my lunch though... at 11.30!), but still have the urge to pig out.... I'll get fat at this rate!

No yoga tonight, meeting a friend who I met in India at Christmas - It will be great to catch up.

Step class at lunchtime will be my exercise fix!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in the same quandary for my best friend's meeting, so I took my brother as my date and we had the best time ever.

I miss step. If I may say so, I used to teach kick-a$$ classes :-)

Clare said...

Ahh, my brother... that would have been a good idea, shame I didn't think of it.

If money were no object I would love to teach step/yoga/anything sporty really (in place of my real job)!

Anonymous said...

I did that for a while, but yeah money was tight and I ended a bit burnt out (especially the step, gave me heaps of injuries).

So were you at Cambridge? I was at Trinity Hall!

Clare said...

I'm a townie actually -lol- grew up in Cambridge and escaped to the big smoke for Uni! I love going back though and am glad I still have friends there!

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh I was a townie too, in a way, as I stayed in Cambridge for like 6 years after finishing my studies! Lived in a lovely flat off Gwydyr Street, and went to CB2 every saturday morning for coffee and chocolate cake :-)

Clare said...

I think Cambridge is the only place I would be happy to live, other than in London. My dad still lives there - off Newmarket Road - by the river, it's so nice to go back in the summer and just sit in the garden... something I miss rather in my London flat!